SPECIALIST IN SMALL ANIMAL SURGERY
WORK IN A WORLD-CLASS
New Zealand: Specialists in Small Animal Surgery
We have an exciting opportunity for two specialists in small animal surgery to join our fast-growing specialist practice in beautiful Auckland, New Zealand. You will be a part of the Veterinary Specialists Auckland (VSA) family. We have two established hospitals in Auckland with seven specialists in surgery, three in diagnostic imaging, three in internal medicine, one in anaesthesia plus we are supported by two busy emergency practices. We are an experienced group, committed to providing the very best patient care with a strong culture of excellence, fun, dedicated support and collaboration. Everything we do is about delivering the highest quality care – together.
VSA is entering a period of growth and we are now looking for the right people to join our team as we look to expand our surgery department to cope with the growth we are experiencing in Auckland and the expansion of our specialist services to a new facility in Christchurch in New Zealand’s South Island. We have all of the expected surgical equipment including joint replacement, arthroscopy, intraoperative fluoroscopy and Ligasure as well as digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house CT and ready access to external MRI and PET CT.
The successful candidate will have an eye on the future – a future bright with opportunity.
- Build a career, and a home in New Zealand
- Enjoy a four day work week
- Work in purpose-built hospitals with world class facilities & equipment
- Collaborate with other specialists to provide the very best care together
- Be part of a fantastic team with dedicated support
- Veterinary qualification that is registrable in New Zealand
- Completion of a recognised specialist training program in small animal surgery
- Diplomate status in ACVS or ECVS or Fellowship of ANZCVSc preferred but, candidates with residency training considered.
- Positive interaction with specialists in other clinical fields
- Ability to interact well with other specialists to contribute to overall patient care and treatment
- Work well in a team environment
If you are a team player with exceptional standards, dedicated to continued learning and are ready to enjoy a wonderful life in New Zealand, then please visit our webpage to register an expression of interest.
To apply for this job, please click the button below.
We promote an environment of growth, autonomy, mastery and independence as well as providing dedicated support including six surgery, one internal medicine and two diagnostic imaging specialists.
Our team is experienced but young with a strong culture of excellence, fun and family. We work together in everything we do to provide exceptional care to our patients, their families, our referring vets and each other.
GROWTH & OWNERSHIP
We're looking for someone with an eye on the future. A future that shines with opportunity. We have very big things planned for VSA and are looking for the right person to be a part of them.
VSA operates out of two purpose built hospitals both with fully equipped operating rooms, diagnostics (ultrasound, CT and radiology), in-house laboratory and emergency overnight care. MR is acquired off-site. Patient care is managed digitally with Smartflow and EzyVet is the hospital practice management software.
JOIN A FANTASTIC TEAM
A strong culture of excellence, fun and collaboration.
The successful candidate will have an eye on the future and will be a part of the fantastic opportunities on the horizon.