WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT OUR HOSPITAL
Before you arrive
We look forward to having you and your pet arrive at our hospital. We have included some important information below on what to expect when you arrive. Please read through this carefully and ensure you ask us any questions you may have.
- We will send you a Covid-19 screening text the day before your appointment. It is important that you please reply to this text.
- Depending on the type of service we provide your pet we may ask that you bring your animal fasted. This means nothing to eat after 8:00PM the night before your appointment. Water is okay but remove first thing in the morning.
- If your pet is diabetic or under 6 months of age, please contact us as we may need to give you different fasting instructions.
Take a look inside our hospital at the facilities, equipment and people that make up VSA
When you arrive
We aim to provide you and your pet the very best experience when you arrive at any of our hospitals. The following steps will give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive.
- We will check your details to ensure the information we have is accurate.
- Please then have a seat in the waiting room and feel free to access our guest wifi.
- The Specialist will come to the waiting room and may ask to see your pet walk outside first (dogs only).
- They will then take you through to the consultation room and have a chat with you.
- If your pet requires any further diagnostic procedures that we are able to perform on the same day as the consultation, your pet may stay with us for the day. Alternatively, we may book them to come back another day if you prefer.
- You will then be guided back to reception.
How payment works
If you have any questions about payment, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
- Our payment preferences during this time are EFTPOS, credit card over the phone or internet banking.
- We have an EFTPOS terminal by the door and are able to accept EFTPOS, Visa & Mastercard transactions. Amex is accepted but will incur a 3% surcharge.
- For payments via Q Card or Pet Funders, please let us know.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR PETS CONSULTATION
The objective of our consultations is for one of our specialists to meet you and to do a thorough examination of your pet. During consults our specialists are often accompanied by one of our VSA/ Zoetis Interns or a visiting vet student.
Before you and your pet arrive for your consult the specialist will have reviewed the case notes sent through from your referring veterinarian. This will include any relevant case notes, blood test results and x-rays.
Once the specialist has completed their examination, they will generally discuss an appropriate diagnostic or treatment plan with you. We always try to give an accurate indication of costs and expectations around these plans. You will then have the opportunity to decide how you wish to proceed.
We are lucky enough at VSA to have access to the best clinical facilities available in veterinary care. On site, we have access to:
- Collaboration between all of our specialists to enable your pet to receive the exceptional care that they deserve. We currently have specialists in surgery, internal medicine and diagnostic imaging (radiology).
- Purpose-built veterinary specialist hospitals with first class facilities.
- State-of-the-art operating theatres with specialist surgical and anaesthesia equipment.
- Advanced imaging suites- this includes digital radiography, ultrasounds and computed tomography (CT). We have specialist veterinary radiologists that work together to make sure results are available as soon as possible.
- The support of the 24 hour and 7 day a week care provided by the VS A&E team of nurses and veterinarians.
From time to time your pet may need services that we are not able to offer at either of our hospitals. We are fortunate enough to have access to some incredible facilities including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), radiation therapy and interventional radiology.
The specialist team will produce a detailed report to be sent to your regular veterinary clinic to keep them updated.
To make an appointment with our team, please click below.