HOW COVID 19 IS MANAGED AT VSA
Current COVID-19 Alert: Auckland Level 4
We understand that the COVID-19 virus can cause stress and uncertainty for all of our clients. We want you to know that we are following the guidelines of the World Health Organisation, the NZ Ministry of Health, and the NZ Veterinary Association to ensure that the risk of transmission of the virus is reduced in our hospital. We are working hard to ensure that we are able to stay fully operational and continue to provide care for our clients and their pets.
There is currently no evidence that animals play a role in the transmission of COVID-19 to humans, or vice versa.
Auckland is currently at alert level 4.
Here is everything you need to know about operations at VSA during alert level 4.
VSA is continuing to operate under alert level 4.
Our referral teams will be continuing to see patients, please assume your appointment is confirmed, unless you are otherwise notified.
Our emergency team at Sylvia Park is operating 24 hours.
We have additional safety measures to protect you and our team at both hospitals.
- We will not be having clients in the hospital at this time.
- Clients are asked to wait in their car and phone the hospital to advise of your arrival.
- Patients will be admitted by staff members wearing full PPE.
- We will remain 2 metres apart from clients when admitting patients.
- We will not take leads or other personal items from you into the hospital.
- Our NZ COVID Tracer QR code is easily available for all visitors to the hospital to keep track of their movements as well as for our own contact tracing for the hospital.
- To protect both our team and your wider community, please reschedule your consultation if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms or is unwell.
Please try and keep our phone lines free for emergencies. If you have any questions or need more information, please email us at email@example.com
The VSA Team
Government-recommended Golden Rules for businesses at Alert level 1
According to the New Zealand government, businesses are able to operate at Alert Level 1 with no restrictions in place, but it is important to maintain hygiene practices.
Veterinary Specialists Auckland (VSA) is doing everything we can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work, hence we are adhering to all of the following conditions:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.