Emergency Animal Care Assistant Vacancies
Do you have a Certificate in Animal Care OR are you currently gaining your Veterinary Nurse Diploma?
- wanted to make the move but worried you don’t have the skills?
- felt intimidated by working in a large or a new team?
- felt intimidated by working in a busy hospital?
- felt that the workload might be too chaotic?
- worried you would be the only newbie in a well-established team?
These are all perfectly normal reservations when thinking about making the big leap into an emergency hospital environment.
Here at VSA we want to provide all veterinary nurses the opportunity to improve on their nursing skills by creating a welcoming and supportive family environment. We pride ourselves on the opportunities available here at VSA and want to ensure everyone is given the chance to upskill and work in an environment where you don’t feel stagnant.
What does this mean for you?
- Receive an excellent hourly rate AND get paid even MORE when working overnights, and public holidays
- Have a clear career development path.
- Have a huge support network around you, who wants to see you grow into the best nurse you can be.
- Your learning pace is set by YOU, take full control of your professional career.
- Have the work life balance you had always dreamed of, by working 4 days on and getting 4 days off in a row, yep you heard us right, 4 consecutive days off every week!! Think of all the surfing, hiking, reading, exploring, travelling, sunbathing, relaxing, or shopping you could do.
- Fairly transition through a rotating roster with 3 different shifts blocks of day, evening, and night, so you get to see the exciting Emergency world at all times of the day.
- Get to use all your newly acquired skills while gaining new ones along the way.
- Get to see some of the most interesting and diverse emergency cases.
- Work alongside passionate people who all share the same values and who harbour a positive and happy working environment.
- Work a fair and even roster, allowing you to experience the wonderful world of emergency animal care at 3 simple times of morning, evening, and night.
- Receive a one-off referral bonus of $1500 if you bring a friend and you are both successful with your application.
- We hire you for YOU, your personality, your desire to upskill, your positive attitude towards work, and the love you have for the profession, your skill level is a huge bonus but will not the main factor of your application success.
- Make lifelong friends
Other VSA employee benefits
- Designated learning journals for you to work through ensuring you have well-structured training with clear guidelines and expectations.
- Amazing roster with emphasis on work life balance
- Emergency nurse cupboard filled with comforting food to help with those midnight cravings.
- Generous staff discounts on food, treatment and more
- Free access to our in-house intranet and learning portals
- Hospital employee of the month award
- A relocation package available for out of Aucklanders.
- Access to not 1 but 2 emergency departments in Auckland.
- Paid continuing professional development in areas of YOUR choice
- Paid NZVNA annual subscription
- VSA hospital wide social events, quiz nights and access to VSA’s annual Winterfest
- Night shift care package
- Christmas and Birthday gifts for all staff
- Use of the VSA Auckland Zoo VIP pass
- Easy access to the major motorways, train, and bus routes
- Work alongside the owners, we are not a corporate company!
Don’t let the idea of it all just being a well worded advert stop you, let our current staff tell you about what it’s like working at VSA, after all they are the people who make VSA the place it is, and we want to open our doors and welcome in the new generation of nurses.
Please apply if:
- You have gained a certificate in Animal Care OR if you are working towards gaining your Veterinary Nursing Diploma.
- You can work 35 -40 hours a week
- You are passionate about animals and your future in animal care
- You enjoy working in a welcoming, fun, and supportive environment.
- You want a new challenge, change of pace or even just a change of scenery.
- You want to be a part of one of New Zealand’s leading emergency care hospitals
- You want to work in a state-of-the-art hospital.
- Are you curious but still a little unsure? You will be welcomed in to look around the hospital, and we can discuss what opportunities we have available.
Don’t delay we only have a limited number of positions available.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for the next step in your career, then please submit your CV with interest to; firstname.lastname@example.org, please note this offer is only currently available at our Sylvia Park Hospital.