ANIMAL EMERGENCY TEAM LEADER
ANIMAL EMERGENCY AUCKLAND WEST TEAM LEADER
Are you a Senior Veterinary Nurse, looking for a new challenge in your career? This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a leadership role and further your career.
VS A&E is an accident and emergency centre, providing after-hours veterinary care to the general public as well as clients of local general practice clinics. Our hospital in Henderson is a brand new purpose-built surgical and referral facility, with the latest up-to-date equipment. We have everything you will need to provide an excellent standard of care.
The role of VSA&E Team Leader role was established to provide support, coaching and leadership to all VSA&E nursing staff, for the purpose of achieving a high level of care for both patients and clients. However you wont be alone in this role, you will have the backing of a clinic wide Head Nurse to assist you in any areas you require. Your job will include:
- Involvement in managing the monthly nursing roster
- Leading the VSA&E nursing team
- Taking the lead in the development of individual staff
- Providing coaching/mentoring where needed to maintain a high performing nursing team
You will be required to work alongside the full A+E nursing team covering a variety of shifts, overall, the schedule is very attractive with plenty of off time, allowing a healthy work life balance.
Your Skills and Attributes
- You must be a Diploma qualified veterinary nurse (or equivalent), with at least 3-5 years of clinical experience, in a senior role.
- You will have a strong background as a team player
- As a clear communicator, you will also be organized, self-motivated, and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- You will have demonstrable experience in providing support, mentoring and training to others.
What we can offer you
- Generous staff discounts
- Free access to our in-house intranet and learning portals
- A relocation package available for out of Aucklanders.
- Paid continuing professional development in areas of YOUR choice
- Paid enrolment in Recover CPR online course Basic AND Advance life support.
- Paid NZVNA annual subscription
- VSA hospital-wide social events, quiz nights and access to VSA’s annual Winterfest
- Night shift care package & snacks to get you through those tough nights.
- VSA Auckland Zoo VIP pass
- Amazing work life balance
- Easy access to the major motorways and bus routes
The VSA team have a reputation as a provider of professional veterinary services, where clients feel confident their pets are in safe hands and veterinary staff have the resources and skills to focus on doing a wonderful job. We have a beautiful new hospital to operate from – it’s an exciting time to join us!
Please note that you must be able to work legally in New Zealand to apply for this position.